Seriously? You cannot even make fun of rednecks? What is this world coming to? PHOENIX -- When members of the student council at an Arizona high school organized a schoolwide "Redneck Day" and encouraged classmates to dress — and spoof — accordingly, they hoped to build school spirit leading up to prom week. Instead, "Redneck Day" at Queen Creek High School has angered African-Americans and civil-rights leaders and touched off a debate about free speech, social stereotypes and good taste.… Read the rest
1. Tough Interrogation Tactics Can Lead To False Confessions
2. Polygraph Tests Can Be Used As Evidence, Even Though There's No Proof Of Their Accuracy
Hawks depicted the cuts that Defense Secretary Robert Gates recently proposed for the Pentagon’s weapons programs as a savage assault on the military industrial complex. They insisted that Secretary Gates would leave us prostrate before future rivals. Counterinsurgency enthusiasts, meanwhile cheered Mr. Gates’s willingness to swap high-tech platforms for capabilities suited to the unconventional conflicts we are fighting. The truth is that the Gates proposal is both too cautious and inadequate. After all, Gates isn’t cutting non-war-related military spending; he’s… Read the rest
By Ash on April 18, 2013 in Funny, Left, Libertarian, Money, My fave, Organic, Personal D, Politics, Right, The Best
1) Three workers find themselves locked up, and they ask each other what they’re in for. The first man says: “I was always ten minutes late to work, so I was accused of sabotage.” The second man says: “I was always ten minutes early to work, so I was accused of espionage.” The third man says: “I always got to work on time, so I was accused of having a Western watch.” And here are the nine runners-up: 2) An… Read the rest
By Ash on April 15, 2013 in Crazy, Funny, Left, Libertarian, Money, My fave, Organic, Politics, Right, The Best
- The current income tax was started in 1913.
- What is taller than a giraffe and weighs 145 lbs? The Tax Code (72,536 pages)
- Regression analysis predicts by 2050 the tax code will be around 140,000 pages.
- The Tax Code has 5 times as many words as the bible.
- Compliance costs are estimated between 300-500 billion dollars/year.
- To help pay for the
I don’t usually get an erection lasting more than four hours
By Ash on May 31, 2012 in Crazy, Funny, Gifs, Left, Libertarian, My fave, Organic, Personal D, Politics, Right, The Best, Tumblr, WTF