0 Flares 0 Flares ×
Three Game of Thrones super fans answer questions about the show and, unfortunately, other things. Poor old ZACH GALIFIANAKISZ gets asked the serious questions.
Real Game of Thrones Trivia:
- Author George R.R. Martin was asked if he had a resolution or ending to the seemingly endless conflict. He replied that the end would be a cloud of dust or snow being driven by the wind across a vast graveyard full of tombstones.
- The series takes its name from the first novel in the book series – “A Game of Thrones” – which is actually known as “A Song of Ice and Fire.” George R.R. Martin’s story credit acknowledges the entire series under this title, rather than the title of individual volumes.
- Features actors from two different adaptations of The Lord of the Rings: Peter Vaughan, who played Denethor in the BBC Radio adaptation; and Sean Bean, who played the character’s son Boromir in the Peter Jackson films.
- Carice van Houten was previously asked to audition for a different role when season 1 was shot, but schedule conflicts prevented her from auditioning. She was asked to come back to audition during shooting of season 2, and was cast as Melisandre.
- Yara Greyjoy, introduced in the second book and season, is named Asha in the books. The name was changed for the television series to avoid confusion with Osha.