If you want to look the best you can for your beach trip in a short amount of days…this is your article. Most of the tips will only work if you need to lose a few pounds. However, some tips will make you look leaner no matter how overweight you are.
The meat of the article:
- Get a tan
- Eat more protein and very little carbs
- Do sprints and lift with more reps
- Detox or Vitamin C flush day before (not necessary and consult with doctor first)
- Limit your salt
- Initially drink a lot water then before trip limit water intake
- Take supplements: fish oil, energy pill or mix (N.O. Xplode or Jack 3d), dandelion root
Maintain during the trip:
- Body-weight exercises
- Gas X
1. Getting Tan.
No, I do not suggest getting an orange Jersey Shore tan. However, it is a fact you look leaner when you are more bronzed. It hides wrinkles and shadows so your double chin isn’t so noticeable anymore. If you do not have time to get a real tan, try a tanning lotion. Just look how skinny Leno looks all Jerseyfied.
A.D.D. moment: Isn’t funny how back in the medieval times a women was likely beautiful if she was chunky and pale. Take a look at the Mona Lisa. I reckon beauty is more of a social influence than we think. You see back then only poor people worked the field (got tan) and didn’t have much to eat (skinny). The rich had plenty to eat (chunky) and never had to go outside to work (pale). Today, being tan is a sign of wealth, as you have more time to leisure in the sun.
2. Eat more protein and less carbs. There is so much literature on limiting carbs and upping protein to look more ripped, see below for links. Basically, carbs are sugars. Sugars easily turn into fat if they are not quickly used as energy. How to Keep Feces Out of Your Bloodstream (or Lose 10 Pounds in 14 Days)
3. Do Sprints and lift more reps. First, gather a mental picture of a sprinter, next think of a marathon runner. Which one would you want to look like?
Personally, I’ve always thought running a long distance is silly and not natural. The word “Marathon” is from a dude that ran from Marathon, Greece to Athens, to spread the news of a Greek victory over the Persian army. When he got to Athens, he was screaming, “Nike, Nike” , which is Greek for victory. The runner shortly dropped dead. Do you really think our ancestors hunted food for many miles? Heck no, they did a sneak attack and bull rushed that mofo. You see, running long distances is not natural.
Plus sprinting incorporates your fast twitch muscle fibers. When you use fast twitch you get more testosterone. Testosterone builds muscle and melts fat. Sprint it Off – Men’s Fitness
4. Vitamin C Flush. I know several people who did this with good results. It is all water weight, so consult with your doctor before doing. You could get dehydrated. Another positive with vitamin c flush is that it tells you how much vitamin c you can have before your body sharts it out. Go to this site for instructions. Colon Detox with Vitamin C Flush
5. Limit your salt. As we all know too much salt is bad. When trying to look rip limiting salt is a must. Salt (electrolytes) retains water. You look fatter and more bloated when you are retaining water.
6. Drink a lot of water and take supplements. Take fish oil to get your joints lubricated and an energy supplement for your work out. Supplement suggestions are below: Get ripped for the reach: planning a vacation? It only takes three weeks to look your best, according to trainer Marc Megna – Men’s Fitness Articles | Find Articles at CBS MoneyWatch.com
Maintaining During Your Vacation
1. Do body weight exercises. Push ups and chair dips should do. After doing push ups, your body sends a whole bunch of blood to the worked muscles. This makes you look more jacked. Check out these articles for more info: Do These 5 Exercises Before a Date
2. Take Gas X to prevent bloating. Sitting around the pool all day and drinking is going to make you bloat. You see beer carbonation makes you bloat. Take Gas X in the morning to prevent this. Plus, if you are doing an all-inclusive and gorging yourself everyday you will feel better.
Conclusion. First, I want to say that I’m no expert in fitness or health and I do not have a medical or nutrition degree. I basically searched a lot of articles from bodybuilders, wrestlers, and models. I learned what they did before a competition or match. I found many of their tips actually work. I have read many books on fitness. I’ve read Men’s Health every month for 12 years now. Always learn from the best.
I’ve tried many of these procedures and they work. I only recommend supplements that I’ve tried and like. The self-tanners were researched.
Supplements and Items:
Jack 3D is hands down the best pre-workout energy supplement I’ve ever taken. I’ve taken many too. It doesn’t give you the crazy shakes and easily scoops into your water bottle. Highly concentrated. A plus is you will not poop yourself 15 minutes after taking like some supplements.
One of the best ways to stay fit on the road. It is an awesome idea that I wish I had. It provides enough resistance for most. If you are super diesel it is good for maintaining and working smaller muscle groups.