Foods with high micronutrients are the key to feeling better and looking better. The foods with highest amount of micronutrients are typically leafy greens (Collard Greens, Kale, and Spinach). Foods with little micronutrients (pasta, soda, and sugar) give you empty calories and make you fat and susceptible to disease. Basically everything I like to eat has very low micronutrient scores. The 1,000 point Aggregate Nutrient Index (ANDI) ranks foods based on micronutrient concentration.
Franklin Institute-Micronutrient rich foods are good for your brain.
My easy way to eat leafy greens:
Yes, most of those foods taste like crap. However, being from the diry dirty (The South) I am use to eating Collard Greens. They are great with some pepper sauce or hot sauce. They are easy to make too. Just buy a can and put them in the microwave.
For breakfast, I’ve been eating spinach, eggs, and salsa for about 2 weeks now. I have noticed more energy.
I don’t use flax seed oil though. I figured my fish oil pill everyday will give me enough fatty acids.
- frozen spinach
- salt and pepper
- lemon juice (cuts the earthy taste of spinach)
- 2 pyrex bowls
- Put spinach and eggbeaters in their separate bowls
- Add spices (Salt and Pepper) to eggs
- Open Pyrex bowl tops for vent
- Put in microwave for 1 minute.
- Take eggs out
- Leave spinach in and microwave for 1 minute.
- Take spinach out and pour some lemon juice or hot sauce on it.
- I mash everything together and then add salsa.
I do this at work too. All you need is a microwave and a couple minutes for a micronutrient breakfast.